Saturday, July 31, 2010

From Eustace

Dear Mr. Blog,

I hope this electronic letter finds you well. We are halfway through our "rehearsal process," and it is going splendid. Although I must admit, some nights I leave the rehearsal hall with my brains more scrambled than my morning eggs. Our director tells us that we must not only say our "lines" but do so in a way that furthers the "plot" to the "audience." This sometimes involves saying something that means the opposite of what it appears to mean. I have been informed that this is called "irony," and that it can be quite funny...even "comedic." I think you and Mrs. Blog will appreciate it.
We are having a ripping time and much anticipate your attendance. We are apparently going to perform the skit more that once. So you will have many chances to join us and possibly view variances between each night's performances. (Although, I'm sure it will work out exactly the same every night.) My best to the Mrs. and your possible children.

Sincerely,

Eustace Bassington-Bassington

No comments:

Post a Comment