Friday, March 26, 2010

It's a small world after all....

As the title says - I was reminded how small of a world the theater community can be, even when it spans from coast to coast.
Yesterday at rehearsal, as we were proofing our bios for the program, Linda Stephens and I found out that we both had a mutual friend. Her ex-husband, Kent Stephens.
As it happened, I was talking about some of the MN theaters I had worked for, and she asked how long I stayed in MN. I said from about 1981 to 2005, and then she asked me if I knew Kent Stephens. Crazy thing is - He was my mentor and teacher while at the U of MN. He was an acting coach and friend, and I even bought his 1995 Saturn Sports Coupe before he left for the East Coast.
He is currently out there now and has created a theater called Harbor Light.
But yesterday, I was just so pleased that the world is so small and that I had the opportunity to finally work with Linda Stephens, after hearing so much about her, and then finding that we are all a little more connected than we think we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment