Friday, November 6, 2009

Greetings from a YPF Playwright!

Hi anybody and everybody! I'm Samantha and I wrote "A Brother's Goodbye," one of the plays selected for this year's Young Playwright's Festival. I have to say that I'm INCREDIBLY excited to work with all the amazingly talented professionals at the Chamber and I can't wait to see the finished product come December.

I had a lot of fun at rehearsals in October. I learned so much from watching the directors and the actors interact. It was really different from auditions for schools plays, which are so informal, but I enjoyed every minute of it. The first read through with the casts last Monday (11-2) was awesome. I got to hear the other two plays in full for the first two times and I loved them. Hearing them it's hard to believe that my play was deigned worthy to be performed alongside them. Right now I'm just waiting for full rehearsals to begin, which will be on the 30th of this month. If anybody has questions for me I'll be happy to answer them if I can.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post, Samantha. Looking forward to the productions.

    ReplyDelete